A couple of weeks ago Sonny and muracle worker Dave Ladd installed Sonny’s crazy wave drawing in the Arnette offices in the city (of Sydney). But for the grace and mighty skills of Dave, Sonny might still be in there painting it now! We cannot thank him enough for all the hard work / mad skillz / murale-boosting excetera. We havent got photos sorted yet, but again DL to the rescue – he has some on his crazy great blog – here – there was another little fellow painted around the corner near the lifts which you can see there too.
By Paul Dempsey
And finally, the cherry on top of the pie of updating I am choking on is… the animated video we made for Paul Dempsey’s fourth single – “Bats”. Mighty Nice are the amazing animators responsible for the goods. More info here, and YouTubeness here…v
New updates to the category of “packaging”, which pretty much means CD covers (except for a couple of magazine covers and a beer-bottle) are…
– Mini and Laneway Festval’s sampler CD
– Castratii's record with engravings on it
– Birds of Tokyo CD and also DVD
– Paul Demspey’s album and also single art
– EP and single art for Voltaire Twins
– EP design for Philadelphia Grand Jury
– and faces sliding off and razors hidden in apples for The Holy Soul’s 2nd album “Damn You, Ra”
We Mansize Your
The “Miscellaneous” section of this site is, like most “Misc” categories, a bit stupid and all over the shop. But what the hey, we just jammed a whole bunch of new stuff in there anyways.
* Tourism Victoria Ski Banner illo and also Many Melbourne Maps
* a “misc” within “misc” meltdown with a collection of editorial and on-off jobs we’ve done for Jacky Winter in the last little while
* our pic for Lamington Drive’s Risographica show
* images from our show Trials at Monster Children last October
* a skateboard Sonny painted on
* images from the Happy Endings show in Brisbane we were in last year
* our comic for Faesthetic12
* point of sale illustrations for XXXX’s new Summer beer
* and a picture of Andy’s head.
Time Flies! Crazy Town!
We started making a wee patchwork of some of the jobs we have done this year – here it is… there were more, but it was getting a bit silly.
Thankyou a million times thankyou to everyone who came to our Monster Children show back in Oct. It was a big blurry success and double triple thanks if you bought work! We haven’t updated with any pictures yet but Garry has some on his wonderful blog and Nick made this video of Sonny, Joe, Thommy and Nick working on the install. Oh yeah and here’s us slothing round our house... answering questions awkwardly, preparing for said show…
We’ve been a bit busy lately working on a bunch of stuff for Laneway Festival – oh yes, Daniel Johnston (We made them this years new logo and design and illustration and a plethora of print ads… tshirts… hats….)
And the Paul Dempsey art machine keeps a rolling on with a very special project we are excited to be working away on right now. Let you know about that laters.
Plus Popfrenzy have gone nuts and are bringing out just about every amazing band over the Summer so we have got to make them a million posters!
So thankyou very much for checking out our site and please have a big fat merry holiday. We will be practicing our elocution and Obama style oration for our talk at next years agIdeas in Melbourne. If you are planning on attending please make sure you come to our talk in the nuddy. We have been told that will help our nerves or something.
We’re ecstatic to be having a little ol' show at Monster Chidren Gallery. Next Thursdy. Next Thursdy the 15th. Of October. Oh. Nine. It’s called “Trials”.
We had one called “Tragedies” and one called “Surrender”. And one called “Photocopulst”. But this is called “Trials” and its mainly screen prints, mainly 1 or 2 colours. Kinda cartoony. Three boobs. A lot of cigarette smoke. A dozen odd witches hats. A clowder of cats. Its about bad luck and badder health.
Please come along to our opening! We’ll be the anaemic and/or overly hirsute ones shmooping about in the shadows.
It is on: 6PM, Thursday October 15
Monster Children Gallery.
20 Burton St, Darlinghurst.
Show is up till Nov 4.